2009年2月26日 星期四

classwork & home exercise of26th Feb2009










Class exercise:
The upper one is the original collection's style done in class, and the buttom one is the new collection's style with description od color scheme done in the class . Since before this lecture, I have not idea in colour system,therefore, I match the colour just according to my feeling and perference. however, after learning those theories, I know more about the colour, I know that matching the colour should base on some theories,and it can not just match what I want. Therefore, when I see my friend match the color wrongly, I know how to tell them and persauade them to do a correct one.

Home exercise:

The various color theories to analyze the following color combinations.

1.Burberry pattern



(a.)

Analogic Color Scheme with red and apricot
The analogous color scheme uses colors that are adjacent to each other on the color wheel. One color is used as a dominant color while others are used to enrich the scheme. The analogous scheme is similar to the monochromatic one, but offers more nuances.

and
Achromatic Color Scheme with blacks,whites and grey to create harmony feeling .



(b.)

Mono-chromatic colour scheme with same hue of red in different intensity and
The monochromatic color scheme uses variations in lightness and saturation of a single color. This scheme looks clean and elegant. Monochromatic colors go well together, producing a soothing effect. The monochromatic scheme is very easy on the eyes, especially with blue or green hues. You can use it to establish an overall mood. The primary color can be integrated with neutral colors such as black, white, or gray. However, it can be difficult, when using this scheme, to highlight the most important elements.

and
Achromatic Color Scheme with blacks,whites and grey to create harmony feeling.


2. Scotland dress pattern

(a.)


mono chromatic(Dark blue to light blue)

and
complmentary colour scheme (orange-red & blue)
The complementary color scheme is made of two colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel. This scheme looks best when you put a warm color against a cool color, for example, red versus green-blue. The complementary scheme is intrinsically high-contrast.

(b.)

Complementary colour scheme

(c.)

analogic& complimentary colour scheme

沒有留言:

張貼留言